- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We may ask for and collect from you personally identifiable information. When you register for an account, email us, or otherwise communicate with us through our Site, you may be asked to provide contact information such as your name, title, organization name, email address, and mailing address, as well as other personal information relevant to CVNY’s mission, such as skills and volunteer interests. We may also automatically collect information, such as your IP address, or other technical information about your use of our Site.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this Site. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to invite you to upcoming CVNY events and respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization. Registered members will have access to other members’ basic contact information through the secured Members Only section of the Website, which they can use for networking and sharing information at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
CVNY may also use and disclose your information in the following ways:
- To conduct surveys;
- To conduct executive committee or other member-based elections;
- To create an event sign-up function, such as Eventbrite, linked from the Members Only section of the Website;
- To process and respond to inquiries and for the purposes for which you provided the information, such as to receive information about a volunteer project;
- To protect CVNY’s rights or property or the safety of CVNY, our members, or others;
- To comply with any court order, legal process, or respond to any governmental or regulatory request; and
- To transfer information in the event of a merger, transfer of assets, or other organizational restructuring.
Your personal information is retained for as long as necessary for legitimate CVNY purposes, including pursuant to legal requirements and our records retention and back up policies.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time by deactivating your CVNY membership. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address given on our Website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
You may also update your Member information directly on our Site through the My Profile tab of the Members Only section of the Site.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit information via the Website, we take precautions to ensure that your information is protected both online and offline. However, no transmission or electronic storage of information is guaranteed to be secure, and you should exercise caution before submitting any sensitive information through the Internet.
Cookies and Other Online Tracking Technologies
We use “cookies” and Google Analytics on this Website. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a Site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our Site and identify repeat visitors to our Site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our Site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our Site. Similarly, Google Analytics will enable us to track Site visitors in order to improve the user experience.
The CVNY Site is not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor does CVNY knowing collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not use the Site or submit any personally identifiable information to CVNY.